Thursday 19 January 2012

What Is Your Favourite Book Of All Time?

If you were put on the proverbial desert island and could only take one book with you - just one - what would it be? That really focuses the mind, doesn't it? I know that my short-list would include, in no particular order;

1. Cry, The Beloved Country - Alan Paton
2. Amsterdam - Ian McEwan
3. The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
4. A Handful of Dust - Evelyn Waugh
5. The Rainbow - D.H. Lawrence
6. Birdsong - Sebastian Faulks

I could go on ad nauseum, so actually choosing one - well I will do it, but I'm going to pass the buck for the time being and ask you, what one book would you choose?


Please let us know what your one book would be and why. Email me at carl@stortbooks.com and we'll post your thoughts on the blog here at Stortbooks.

By the way, the image of "The Grapes of Wrath" doesn't mean that it WOULD be my one book - but certainly it wouldn't be far off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment